Meet Stephanie Kubis one of DKB’s Winter & Spring interns. One of Stephanie’s favorite activities is playing ice hockey. She is currently on the women’s ice hockey team at Nazareth College, and was recently named Nazareth College’s Scholar Athlete of the Month! Read more about Stephanie below.
- Where are you from and where did you go to college?
I am from Syracuse, New York and am currently a junior at Nazareth College.
- What was the deciding factor or influence in your life that moved you in the direction to choose accounting as your major?
My parents and brother are all in engineering related fields. I wanted to branch out and do something different (because what even is engineering)? I chose to take some business classes in high school and one of which was accounting. I found it very interesting and decided to continue to study it and have enjoyed it ever since.
- What is something someone would be surprised to learn about you?
Something that someone would be surprised to learn about me is that I have never had any pets!
- What do you like to do outside of work? Hobbies, creative ventures?
Outside of work, I play on the women’s ice hockey team at Nazareth as well as I love to ski, hike, shop, workout and travel.
- What are you hoping to learn more about as you begin your accounting career?
As I begin my career, I hope to learn more about all the different moving parts of accounting. I know that tax is only one component of the accounting field and I hope to experience a various amount of other aspects in this field so that I can truly find what I like most and then pursue that path.
- What things have you learned about our firm or about the accounting profession that intrigues you since you came on board or had an interest in prior to joining our firm?
Some things that I have learned about DKB that intrigue me are how personable and close everyone is to their clients. I think a lot of times when people think of a business’s “clients” they think that it is a distant relationship in which someone is just providing a service for them. I think that I would really enjoy being able to connect with a variety of individuals and build lasting relationships with them.
For more information about career opportunities at DKB reach our to our Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org!