- Where are you from and where did you go to college?
East Irondequoit. University of Louisville in Kentucky.
- What was the deciding factor or influence in your life that moved you in the direction to choose accounting as your major?
My mom, Kathryn, has been an accountant for as long as I can remember, and I always admired how passionate she was about it. My senior year in high school I had the opportunity to take an accounting class and I really enjoyed it, so I decided that’s what I would major in. It’s definitely helped to have my mom giving me insight and helping me.
- What is something someone would be surprised to learn about you?
I love roller coasters, and my favorite amusement park is Cedar Point in Ohio. My favorite coasters there are Top Thrill Dragster and Steel Vengeance.
- What do you like to do outside of work? Hobbies, creative ventures?
I cheer for UofL, which takes up 99.9% of my free time. But when I can find that 0.1%, I enjoy lifting at the gym, reading all kinds of books, watching YouTube videos, and playing with my cat, Dunkin.
- What are you hoping to learn more about as you begin your accounting career?
I’m really hoping to learn more about myself and what I enjoy the most. I’ve done personal tax now for about a year and I feel pretty confident in my ability there, but when it comes to audit or even business tax, I’m not nearly as confident. I’m excited to be able to work in audit this summer, and I really enjoy it so far! My long-term goal is to get my CPA, and I’ll probably start studying next spring or summer.
For information on career opportunities at DKB reach out to our HR Manager at [email protected]!
Meet all of DKB’s 2022 summer interns.