Meet Lauren Robbins, one of DKB’s summer interns. Outside of the office, Lauren loves to bake delicious treats for friends and family. Learn more about Lauren below!
- Where are you from and where did you go to college?
I am from Prattsburgh, NY, and am attending St. John Fisher College in Rochester, NY.
- What was the deciding factor or influence in your life that moved you in the direction to choose accounting as your major?
I have always had an aptitude for numbers and gained an affinity for business from my father. Putting these two things together, I decided to pursue accounting. Additionally, I want a stable career that will bring me many opportunities in the future.
- What is something someone would be surprised to learn about you?
I love cooking and baking, frequently doing so for my roommates (for a fee, of course).
- What do you like to do outside of work? Hobbies, creative ventures?
I like to stay active by playing basketball for St. John Fisher and tennis in my free time.
- What are you hoping to learn more about as you begin your accounting career?
I am looking to grow as a professional and learn as much about accounting as possible.
- What things have you learned about our firm or about the accounting profession that intrigues you since you came on board or had an interest in prior to joining our firm?
I have been learning about employee benefit plan audits, which was a completely unfamiliar subject of auditing before I started my internship. I am not quite sure which industry I would like to work in, but I am interested in working in and experiencing as many as I can so I can make an educated decision on my path moving forward.
For information on career opportunities at DKB reach out to our HR Manager at [email protected]!