Meet Elizabeth Perkins, one of DKB’s summer interns. Lizzie recently participated in a cheerleading competition in Louisville for her university! Learn more about Lizzie below!
- Where are you from and where did you go to college?
I am from Rochester, NY. I go to college at University of Louisville.
- What was the deciding factor or influence in your life that moved you in the direction to choose accounting as your major?
My mom works in DKB’s accounting services practice.
- What is something someone would be surprised to learn about you?
I love rollercoasters and the fastest I’ve ever been on went 120 mph. It’s called the Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point.
- What do you like to do outside of work? Hobbies, creative ventures?
I am on a D1 Cheerleading team, I like to watch Netflix (currently watching Manifest), and spending time with my dog.
- What are you hoping to learn more about as you begin your accounting career?
I am hoping to learn different parts of accounting (audit, tax, accounting services) and where each department of accounting can take you since they specialize in different parts of it.
- What things have you learned about our firm or about the accounting profession that intrigues you since you came on board or had an interest in prior to joining our firm?
I have learned a lot about business tax. I have previous experience working in personal tax but this is a much different experience and I found it very interesting.
For information on career opportunities at DKB reach out to our HR Manager at [email protected]!