Linda Ochieng was influenced to pursue accounting by her mother. Her mother started her own business and Linda helped manage the financial aspect of the business. Learn more about Linda and her experience as a Tax Intern at DKB below.
- Where are you from and where did you go to college?Originally I’m from Kenya and I am a student at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- What was the deciding factor or influence in your life that moved you in the direction to choose accounting as your major?
A Few years back my mum started a business and she needed help managing the financial aspect of the business. I got involved and I found it interesting.
- What is something someone would be surprised to learn about you?
I learned using a computer when I was an adult.
- What do you like to do outside of work?
Hobbies, creative ventures?I spend time cooking, listening to music and spending time with family.
- What are you hoping to learn more about as you begin your accounting career?
I’m hoping to get better at preparing the Business Tax, Individual Tax and Financial Reporting.
- What things have you learned about our firm or about the accounting profession that intrigues you since you came on board or had an interest in prior to joining our firm?
DKB is really dedicated to offering the best services to the clients.
Interested about learning more about internships and working for DKB? Contact our HR Manager today!