The ideal candidate must be enrolled (or a graduate of) a qualified accounting program with the intentions to fulfill the 150 credit hour requirements and become eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
DeJoy, Knauf & Blood, LLP, a premiere regional public accounting firm located in the state- of-the-art Tower280 at Midtown in Rochester, New York is situated in the heart of our downtown’s revitalization and East End district, seeks enthusiastic talent to join our team.
If you are passionate about the public accounting profession and seeking an organization that serves a really important role providing exceptional service to an established base of medium-sized organizations and want to work closely with a dynamic caring team that will expand your talents and grow your career, you should consider what we can offer you. Significant leadership and advancement opportunities exist within our group of highly talented, collaborative professionals. If you want to be part of collaborative team that provides trusted, business advice and consulting services to our clients; come visit with us!
Since 1990, DeJoy, Knauf & Blood LLP has provided the highest quality accounting, audit, tax, financial consulting, accounting services, information systems and human resources consulting services to our clients located primarily in Upstate New York. We pride ourselves in providing independent, objective advice to our clients, while adding value through a combination of technical expertise and a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses. Each client is supported by industry specific professionals dedicated to providing both innovative and practical solutions for today's unique business needs.
About the Position:
If you are a passionate individual who wants a challenging career working with a great group of people and an extraordinary client base, we have a collaborative team that will provide for an amazing experience to grow as a professional and develop you as a subject matter expert.
Responsibilities or essential functions of this job by definition are those duties and responsibilities that you will perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, include:
- Possess an aptitude for learning and have a keen sense for details
- Become familiar and adhere to the firm’s policies and procedures
- Learn and apply our documentation and referencing standards
- Obtain a working knowledge of the firm’s technology including Microsoft Suite and other software including our tax, audit and research applications: CCH Engagement/Checkpoint, ProSystems/Intelliconnect; STAR Practice Management, Trello boards for scheduling, and a SnapEval App for quick and efficient feedback
- Have the ability to apply learned applications in the preparation of audit procedures or tax compliance matters under the close direction of supervisors
- Be inquisitive, ask questions, and keep members of your team well informed
- Be mindful of daily time reporting requirements and be mindful of project budgets and annual chargeable hour goals
- Have the skills necessary to develop meaningful relationships with members of our team and reach out as you progress in your career to develop and maintain relationships with clients and with your community associations and alumni network
- Have the ability to work in a paperless, electronic environment in an organized manner
- Demonstrate the ability to become a confident communicator and a willingness to be a junior ambassador of the firm by participating in community and academic events and outings
- Be willing to obtain annual continuing education requirements as sponsored by the firm
- Be passionate and dedicated to passing the CPA exam early in your career
- Perform other duties as assigned
(If you are applying to an internship in this role, you will work side by side our professionals in a closely supervised environment doing meaningful work very similar to an entry level staff accountant as described above.)
Other notable requirements of the role:
- Involves work in the firm’s office or at client locations. Work at the client locations or the need to travel locally would require the use of a staff person’s car. A person must have a valid driving license and maintain New York State standard limits of insurance.
- Moderate overtime is required throughout the year which generally occurs in the January to April timeframe and sometimes at other times of the year as needed. A reasonable expectation for overtime is 250-350 hours a year. (For an internship working a minimum of 24 hours a week that includes time on Saturday is ideal. In a co-op, a 40 hour work week is standard.)
- We provide close mentoring and training programs to help you succeed with the firm.
- Your end of the bargain is to exhibit the drive and the passion to learn and apply lessons learned forward for your own development and success.
Qualified candidates must be pursuing (or hold) a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting and become CPA eligible with proven performance and supporting references. We have an extraordinary team and a great client base that will provide you a one of a kind experience to grow as a professional. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and have reliable transportation in order to travel between client locations.
Total Rewards: This position is in a great working environment and we have very limited travel commitments, at the high end, no more than 2-3 weeks a year. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, bonus opportunities and we pay for parking which is located in a reserved and secure underground ramp with access to health and recreation facilities.
Come visit with us and get to know our team! Check out our website for open house invitations or campus visit schedules: www.teamdkb.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to be considered for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and references along with answers to these questions below to the attention of our human resources manager
- If you are applying to an internship, provide a timeline of what your plan is to meet college credit goals?
- Are you CPA exam eligible? Have you sat for any parts of the CPA Exam?
- Have you provided an unofficial copy of your transcripts?